For more information about how we collect, use and share your personal data, see our https://www.meaplatform.com/privacy-policy
You do not need to allow cookies to visit most of the Website. However, enabling cookies may allow for a more tailored browsing experience and is required for certain parts of the Website to work. In the majority of cases, a cookie does not provide us with any of your personal data.
If you are looking to manage your cookie preferences, you can do so by using our Cookie Preferences, which you can access by clicking https://www.meaplatform.com/privacy-policy
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file, consisting of a string of information of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when a person accesses certain websites. Cookies and similar technologies (which include pixels, tags, web beacons and software development kits (“SDKs”) and local browser storage technologies) (together “cookies”) are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a person’s device and collect information from it when the person interacts with it.
WHO PLACES COOKIES ON YOUR DEVICE?
When you visit our Website, both first-party cookies and third-party cookies may be placed on your device:
(1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Website; and
(2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Website, and can be used by these parties to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, including service analytics, advertising and social media features. We do not control how these third parties use your information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
HOW CAN A USER DISABLE OR BLOCK COOKIES?
Your options for controlling what information cookies and similar technologies collect about you include.
- Blocking cookies in your browser: You can also restrict or block cookies, which are set during your use of the Website by changing your browser’s settings. Some features of the Website may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many types of cookies may be blocked without having an impact on the Website’s usability. We advise you to check the information in your browser’s help section for specific instructions on how to manage cookies.
- Blocking images/clear gifs: Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your particular browser or device settings.
- Third-party opt-out option. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising through some of the third parties listed in the chart above by using the corresponding third-party opt-out tool provided in the chart.
Industry association opt-outs. You may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms linked above.For general information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that this link is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an approval of any information or opinion by MEA Platforms. We bear no responsibility of the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers or questions regarding its content.
WHY AND HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY MEA PLATFORMS?
There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on your device when visiting the Website:
- cookies that make the Website work properly for you and enable you to browse the Website securely;
- cookies that collect data about your use of the Website which is used to help MEA Platforms to improve online products and/or services;
- cookies that remember your preferences and make the Website easier for you to use; and
- cookies that are placed by third party services we make use of to enhance the information we presents online. MEA Platforms has no control over these third party cookies.
These cookies are placed on your device either by us or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the Website.
Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit the Website, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED BY MEA PLATFORMS?
Our Website may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We use several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others you can disable or block. Disabling or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the online products and/or services, and of the Website.
The below explanations should help you to make informed choices about the information you provide to us and any third parties when you visit the Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services and include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Service will not then work.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: